About the researcher
- Name: Madeha Ahmed Abo Elfadl Awad
- Job: Lecturer at physics department, Faculty of Science, Sohag University
- Birth date: 27/01/1979
- Nationality: Egyptian
- Languages: Arabic, English and few France
- Current address: Physics Department, Faculty of Science, 82524 Sohag, Egypt
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tel: 01121391658
- Marital status: Married
- Ph. D. in Nanomaterials Physics "Growth and characterization of ZnO based nano-sized materials", (Jun, 2015), Physics Department, Faculty of Science, Sohag University, Sohag, Egypt.
- M. Sc. in Solid State Physics, "The Structural, electrical and optical properties of some compounds of the Sn-Sb-Se chalcogenide system" (December, 2008), Physics Department, Faculty of Science, Sohage university, Sohag, Egypt.
- B. Sc. in Physics, very good degree (November, 2003), Physics Department, Faculty of Science, Sohage university, Sohag, Egypt.
- Lecturer: Full time (27 July, 2015 – until now) Physics Department, Faculty of Science, Sohag University, Sohag, Egypt.
- Assistant lecturer: Full time (17 November, 2013 – 26 July, 2015).
- Demonstrator: Full time (24 Jun, 2004 – 16 November, 2013) Physics Department, Faculty of Science, Sohag University, Sohag, Egypt.
Main Research Interests
- Synthesis and development of new nanostructured and nanocomposite materials:
- Characterization and optimization of the deposited materials.
- Studying of the physical properties of these new materials
Mrs Madeha A. Awad is a new lecturer at physics department, Sohag University. Recently, Jun 2015, she has got her Ph.D. in Nanomaterials Physics on "Growth and characterization of ZnO based nano-sized materials". She has extensive experience in the design and characterization of nanocomposite materials. She has excellent knowledge about vapor transport preparation method, electron beam deposition system and materials compositional, structural, optical, electrical and thermal characterization techniques. She studied her M. Sc. in Solid State Physics on "Sn-Sb-Se chalcogenide system" from Sohag university (December 2008).
Besides her research Dr. Madeha A. Awad is doing several activities such as (i) teaching some theoretical courses for undergraduate students, (ii) taking part in undergraduate students' laboratories and guiding the demonstrators to prepare and fix simple experiments for undergraduate students, (iii) leading the undergraduate students in their projects in the last year (iv) supervising some postgraduate students in their research.
The specific skills of the researcher include project management of multiple research and development (R&D) projects, surface coating manufacturing techniques such as sputtering, electron beam evaporation, and nanostructured materials preparation techniques such as vapor transport technique. The researcher is skillful in using structural characterization techniques such as XRD, and SEM; chemical analytical techniques including XPS and EDX; surface morphology techniques such as SEM, TEM and AFM; optical characterization techniques such as photospectrometers; electrical measurements tools such as four-point probe and two terminal configurations; thermal analysis techniques such as TGA, DTA and DSC.
List of Publications
- Articles in International Journals
- A. Awad and M. Raaif, The disclosed transformation of pre-sputtered Ti films into nanoparticles via controlled thermal oxidation, Applied Physics A 124 (2018) 388.
- A. Awad and M. Raaif, Optical and electrical performance of transparent conductive TiO2/Cu/TiO2 multilayers prepared by magnetron sputtering, J. Mater. Sci.: Mater Electron 29(2018) 2815–2824.
- M. Soraya, E. R. Shaaban, M. A. Awad, H. Shokry Hassan, M. I. Eman, H. Algarni, Appl. Phys. A 124 (2018) 197 (11pp).
- A. Awad and N.M.A. Hadia, Copper oxide nanocrystallites fabricated by thermal oxidation of pre-sputtered copper films at different temperatures and under oxygen and argon flows, Optik 142 (2017) 334–342.
- M.A. Hadia, M. A. Awad, S. H. Mohamed, E. M. M. Ibrahim, Optical and electrical properties of hydrothermally prepared CdTe nanowires, Appl. Phys. A 122 (2016)889.
- A. Awad, E. M. M. Ibrahim and A. M. Ahmed, One step syntheses of S incorporated ZnO nanowires for photocatalysis applications, Eur. Phys. J. Appl. Phys. 72 (2015) 30303.
- A. Awad, A.M. Ahmed, V.O. Khavrus, E.M.M. Ibrahim, Tuning the morphology of ZnO nanostructure by In doping and the associated variation in electrical and optical properties, Ceram. Int. 41 (2015) 10116-10124.
- A. Awad, A.M. Ahmed, E.M.M. Ibrahim, The effect of temperature and oxygen flow rate on the morphology of ZnO nanostructures, Int. J. New. Hor. Phys. 2 (2015) 59-61.
- A. Awad, E. M. M. Ibrahim and A. M. Ahmed, Synthesis and thermal stability of ZnO nanowires, J. Therm. Anal. Calorim. 117 (2014) 635.
- M. Wakkad, E. Kh.Shokr, H. A. Abd El Ghani and M. A. Awad, Eur. Phys. J. Appl. Phys. 43 (2008) 23.
- M. Wakkad, E. Kh.Shokr, H. A. Abd El Ghani and M. A. Awad, J. Phys. D: Appl. Phys. 40 (2007) 7572.
- Academic Conferences
- A. Awad, and M. Raaif, Optical and electrical performance of transparent conductive TiO2/Cu/TiO2 multilayers prepared by magnetron sputtering ,"The 3nd annual Science Day-Faculty of Science-Sohag University, Sohag Egypt
- A. Awad and M. Raaif, The disclosed transformation of pre-sputtered Ti films into nanoparticles via controlled thermal oxidation, "The 2nd International Egy Nanophotonics and Nanophononics Conference" 13-16 September 2017, Sharm el-Sheeikh – Red Sea's Gulf of Suez, Egypt.
- A. Awad , "The 2nd annual Science Day-Faculty of Science-Sohag University, April 19, 2017, Sohag Egypt.
- A. Awad, "The First annual Science Day-Faculty of Science-Sohag University, April 20, 2016, Sohag Egypt.
- Attendance, Humboldt Kolleg: Nanotechnology and nanomaterials for sustainable development, 02-04 February, 2016, Luxor, Egypt.