Name: Abdelbasset Abdou Mohamed Badawy
Birth date: March, 14, 1965
Place of birth: Sakolta, Sohag, Egypt
Marital status: Married
Address: Urology Dept., Sohag School of Medicine,
Email: drabadawy@ hotmail.com.
1-M.B.B.ch., College of Medicine, Asyut School of
Medicine 1989. (Very good with honor)
2-M.SC. In urology, Asyut University 1994. (Excellent)
3-1 year training in renal transplantation at Mansoura Urology and Nephrology center, Egypt, 1995-1996.
4- Harvard pediatric fellowship 1998-2000, USA
5-M.D. In Urology, 2001. South Valley University.(excellent)
English (very good).
Teaching of Urology for under graduate Medical students.
Postgraduate teaching for diploma, master and doctoral candidates.
SCIENTIFIC AND EXPERIENCE AFFILIATIONS:
1-Residance in urology 4 years Asyut University hospital.
2-Assistant lecturer of urology: South Valley University Hospital 4 years.
3 One year’s fellowship in kidney transplantation at Mansoura
Urology and Nephrology, Mansoura University, Egypt,
4-Research fellowship: Pediatric Urology, Harvard Children hospital, Harvard University, Boston, Massutchesstes, and United States.
4-Lecturer of urology Sohag University, Egypt since January 2001—2005.
5-Assistant professors in urology department, Sohag University, Egypt from march, 2006- February 2012.
6 professor of urology since Mach 2012 till now in
Sohag University, Egypt
1-Member of Egyptian Urological Association (EUA) 1994.
2-Corresponding membership of European urological Association, from2004 till now. .
3-Active corresponding member in American urological Association (Id:0036473) 2001-2008
5-Secretaroy of uro-oncology of Egyptian urological
1-House officer Asyut University. Hospital 1990-1991
2-Resident (urology) Asyut University Hospital 1991-1995.
3-Assistant lecturer (Urology) Sohag University Hospital 1995 – 2001.
4-Research Fellow (urology) In Harvard Children’s hospital, Boston, MA; USA 1998-2001.
- Asyut experience in management of renal injuries, Personal MSc Study, Asyut University, Egypt, 1994.
- Ureteral Obstruction Transiently Up regulates The Expression Of Heparin- Binding EGF-Like Growth Factor In Mouse Kidney. Poster At 94 AUA Annual Meeting, May 1-6, 1999 Dallas, Texas, USA.
- Heparin-Binding EGF-Like Growth Facto Is Up Regulated In The Obstructed Kidney In A Cell –And Region –Specific Manner And Acts To Inhibit Apoptosis. Hiep T. Nguyen, Samuel H. Bride, Abdel-Basset Badawy, Rosalyn M. Adam, Jianqing Lin, Anna Orsola, Paul D. Guthrie, Michael R. Freeman, and Craig A. Peters. Am J Pathol. Mar 2000; 156(3): 889–898.doi: 1016/S0002-9440(10)64958-9
- Comparative study between transurethral resection and elctrovaporization in patients with benign prostatic hyperplasia, M.D. thesis study; South valley university, Egypt, 2000
- Transrectal ultrasound in the evaluation of men with low volume azoospermia or severe oligospermia South valley medical journal, official body of south Valley University Sohag faculty of medicine Vol. 6 No 1, January, 2002.
- The wide versatility of Tabularized incised plate technique for hypospadias repair; Abstract published in PAUSA (Pan African Urological Surgeon’s Association) meeting, 40, Sept. 21-25, 2001 Tunisia.
- Comparative Study Between Transurethral Resection and Transurethral Electro vaporization Of The Prostate; Abstract published in the abstract book of Egyptian Urologic Association 34th meeting, Aswan Egyptp.100, Nov 7-12,1999
- Comparative study between flap procedures in hypospadias Repair, Abstract published in abstract book of 35 the annual Meeting of the Egyptian Urologic Association meeting, p.93, Nov 13 17, 2000.
- Tabularized Incised Plate Repair for Mid and Distal Penile Hypospadias: Abstract published in abstract book o 35 the annual meeting of the Egyptian Urologic Association meeting, p.147, nova 13-17, 2000.
- Transrectal Ultrasound In The Evaluation Of men with Low Volume Azoospermia Or Severe Oligospermia: Atef G. Abdel-Wahab, Abdel-basset Abdou Badawy, Mohamed Dyaa Saleem, Alaa Abdelhafez, Abdel- Moniem Abo-Zeid and Mahmoud .R Moatamed. Urology Department, Sohag Faculty of Medicine, South Valley University Vol. (6) N0 1 January, 2002,South valley medical journal.
- Holmium Laser Incision Techniqu For Billharzial Ureteral Stricture: Atef G.Abdel-Wahab, Abdel-basset Abdou Badawy , Abdel-Moniem Abu-Zeid. Urology department, Sohage Faculty of medicine, South Valley university, Vol. (6) N0 2 July, 2002, South valley medical journal.
- Brain imaging and urodynamic correlation in patients with cerebrovascular Abdel-Basset A. Badawy, Alaa. Ar. Abdel Hafez, Ali,Emad.S, MS Shoukry. From Department of Urology, South Valley University of, Egypt Vol. (10) N0 4, November 2004, African journal of urology
- Immunohistochemical study of BcL-2protein and Estrogen-receptor-alpha expression in benign prostatic hyperplasia and prostatic carcinoma . December 2004 journal of hospital medicine
- Immunohistochemical study of Ki-67 (MIB-1) antigen expression in superficial bladder carcinoma Vol.10 no., 3 may, 2004 .
- Thoracic epidural analgesia: bowel motility and early oral intake after major abdominal surgery Jesmp vol 20 no 2 October; 2004.
- Dorsally Placed Spiral Penile Flaps Versus Free Grafts For Repair Of Long Bulb Penile Strictures, European Urology Supplements, Volume 5,Issue 2, April 2006, Page 46. A.M. Abuzeid, A.R. Abdel Hafez, M.Saleem, A. Badawy, A. Abdel Wahab and M. Ali
- Buccal mucosa graft for ureteral stricture substitution: initial experience. Badawy AA, Abolyosr A, Saleem MD, Abuzeid AM. 6 Urology. 2010 Oct; 76(4): 971-5; discussion PMID: 20932415
- Renal blood flow in pigs: changes depicted with contrast-enhanced harmonic US imaging during acute urinary obstruction. Claudon M, Barnewolt CE, Taylor GA, Dunning PS, Gobet R, Badawy AB. Department of Radiology, Children’s Hospital, Boston, MA, USA.Radiology. 1999 Sep;212(3):725-31
- Orthotropic diversion after cystectomy in women: A single-center experience with a 10-year follow-up. Badawy, Abdelbasset A.; Abolyosr, Ahmad; Mohamed, Elnisr R.; Abuzeid, Abdelmoneim M.Arab Journal of Urology vol. 9 issue 4 December, 2011. p. 267-271
- Buccal Mucosa Graft for Ureteral Stricture Substitution: Initial Experience. Badawy, Abdelbasset A.; Abolyosr, Ahmad; Saleem, Mohamed D.; Abuzeid, Abdelmoneim M. Urology vol. 76 issue 4 October, 2010. p. 971-975
- Finasteride for treatment of refractory hemospermi a: prospective placebo-controlled Badawy, Abdelbasset A.; Abdelhafez, Alaa A.; Abuzeid, Abdelmoneim International 7 Urology and Nephrology vol. 44 issue 2 April 2012. p. 371 - 375
- Extracorporeal shock wave lithotripsy as first line treatment for urinary tract stones in children: outcome of 500 cases. Badawy, Abdelbasset A.; Saleem, Mohamed D.; Abolyosr, Ahmad; Aldahshoury, Mohamed;Elbadry, MohamedS.B.; Abdalla, MedhatA.; Abuzeid, Abdelmoneim M. International Urology and Nephrology vol. 44 issue 3 June 2012. p. 661 – 666
- Decreasing operative time and incontinence rates in patients treated with radical cystectomy and urethral diversion: a prospective randomized trial using a new suturing device (CAPIO).Badawy, Abdelbasset ; Saleem, Mohamad Dyaa; El-Baset, Eman Abd; Morsi, EsamAldin S.International Urology andNephrolog vol. 44 issue 3 June 2012. p. 769 - 774.
- Transobturator vaginal tape (inside-out) for stress urinary incontinence after radical cystectomy and orthotopic reconstruction in women.Badawy, Abdelbasset A.; Saleem, Mohamed D.; Abolyosr, Ahmad; Abuzeid, Abdelmoneim M.Arab Journal of Urology vol 10 issue 2 June, 2012. p. 182-185.
- Dilemma of Adolescent varicocele: Long term outcome in patients managed surgically and in patients managed expectantly. Essam ElDin Moursy; Mohammed Hussein; Mohammed Mourad; Mohammed ElDahshoury; AbdelBasset Badawy 8 Received13 June2012; accepted 23 January 2013. Published online 25 March 2013
- Mohamad Ahmad Shalaby, Professor of Urology and Vise President of Asyut University, Egypt.
- Abdelmoneim Mohamad Abuzeid, professor of urology and chief of urology dept. Sohag faculty of medicine, Sohag, Egypt.
- Mohamed Gohneim Mansoura urology and nephrology center, Mansoura university Egypt
- Hassan Aboalenin, Mansoura urology and nephrology center, Mansoura University Egypt
- Allen B Retick; Chief of Urology, Harvard children’s hospital Harvard University, Boston, MA USA.
- Craig Peter, professor of urology Harvard children’s hospital Harvard University, Boston, MA, USA.