Tarek Abulezz C.V.
Name: Tarek Abulezz
Postal Address: Plastic Surgery Dept, Faculty of Medicine, Sohag University, Sohag, Egypt
Postal Code: 82524
Phone number: +20934602963
Emails: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
Year of birth: 1967
Marital state: Married
Hobbies: Music, writing Poetry, Walking.
Current Position: Professor of Plastic Surgery, Faculty of Medicine, Sohag University, Sohag, Egypt
Oct 2015 - Aug 2018
Head of Plastic Surgery dep., Faculty of Medicine, Sohag University
Oct 2011 - Jun 2017
Assistant Professor of Plastic Surgery , Faculty of Medicine, Sohag University.
Sep 2012 - Mar 2013
Consultant of Plastic Surgery through the Visiting Doctor program
Aseer Central Hospital, Abha, Kingdom of Saudia Arabia (KSA)
Sep 2011 - Sep 2012
Vice-Dean of Community Service and Environmental Development
Faculty of Nursing, Sohag University, Sohag, Egypt
Jul 2008 - Oct 2010
Executive Manager of Quality Assurance Unit, Faculty of Nursing, Sohag University, Sohag, Egypt
Jan 2005 - Sep 2011
Lecturer of Plastic Surgery, Faculty of Medicine, Sohag University.
Jul 2001 - Jun 2003
Research fellow at University of Texas, Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, Texas
Jul 1997- Jan 2005
Assistant Lecturer of Plastic Surgery, Faculty of Medicine, Sohag University, Sohag, Egypt
Mar 1993 - Feb1997
Resident of General Surgery, Sohag University Hospitals, Sohag, Egypt
1- M.B.B.Ch.: Faculty of Medicine, Assiut University, Sep, 1991; Grade: Very good with Honor
2- M.Sc. General Surgery): Sohag Faculty of Medicine, Jul, 1996; Grade: Very good
3- M.D. (Plastic Surgery) Sohag Faculty of Medicine, Dec, 2004
Two-years fellowship in Plastic Surgery Department of University of Texas, Southwestern Medical Center at Dallas, from July 2001 - June 2003. During these two years, I have finished my MD thesis.
- One-year training and practice in Plastic Surgery Dep. of Ain Shams University, (June 1998 - June 1999).
- Six-months training in Plastic Surgery Dep. of Assiut Faculty of Medicine, (Aug 1997 - Feb 1998).
- As a working member of the Egyptian Society of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgeons, I attend and actively participate in all meetings of this society.
- Egyptian Society of Plastic & Reconstructive Surgeons (ESPRS). 2005
- Euro-Mediterranean Council for Burns and Fire Disasters.2006
- International Society for Burn Injuries (ISBI). 2006
- Co-Founder and Council member of the Pan African Association of Cleft Lip and Palate. 2007
- Egyptian Society of Surgeons (ESS). 1996
- International Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ISAPS) 2016
Awards and Prizes
The winner of the Best Research Prize from the Egyptian Society of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgeons at the 36th Annual Meeting of the ESPRS in Hurghada Feb. 2006.
Listed in Who’s Who in Medicine and Healthcare since 2009- 2010 edition till the latest 2019-2020 edition
- Face Lift operations, facial fat injection, facial rejuvenation with dermabrasion, microdermabrasion and chemical (TCA) peelings.
- Laser removal of unwanted body hairs.
- Blepharoplasty, Repair of ptosis, and eyelid reconstruction for trauma or malignancies.
- Rhinoplasty operations, and various nasal reconstruction procedures.
- Auricular reconstruction for congenital microtia - Otoplasty, for constricted ear, Stahl ear, bat ear, auricular reconstruction after trauma or tumors.
- Cleft lip and cleft Palate surgeries for treatment of various types of cleft deformities.
- Lip reduction, lip augmentation (fat injection) and double lip correction.
- Various kinds of local flap reconstructive procedures for facial malignancies.
- Removal of skin swellings and cysts and cosmetic repair of wounds and scars.
- Treatment of maxillofacial trauma including fracture mandible and fracture zygoma and other facial fractures.
- The use of tissue expanders in the treatment of posttraumatic and post burn scalp alopecia, and in scar revision operation.
- Management of acute burns and treatment of postburn contractures and scars.
- Reduction mammoplasty and breast reconstruction after mastectomies.
- Nipple-areola reconstruction and treatment of inverted nipples.
- Abdominoplasty (dermolipectomy) operations and abdominal liposuction procedures.
- Abdominal wall reconstruction for major and difficult abdominal wall hernias.
- Hypospadias operations, penile reconstruction, treatment of hidden or buried penis, and male circumcision procedures.
- Labial reduction and labial augmentation with fat grafting.
- Vulval reconstruction after traumatic wound or tumors excision.
- Excision and reconstruction of Pilonidal sinus disease.
- Hand reconstructive surgeries for congenital anomalies like syndactyly, camptodactyly and for degenerative diseases (Dupuytren's and trigger finger).
- Fingernail reconstruction, surgical treatment of ingrowing nail and nail grafting procedures.
- Lower limb reconstruction by reversed flow and cross-leg flaps.
- Treatment of chronic wounds like diabetic foot and trophic ulcers
- Treatment and reconstruction of bed sores.
- Use of VAC for wound treatment
- Management of of hemangiomas and vascular malformation with injection (intralesional steroids, Sclerotheray), Laser TTT and surgical excision.
- Management of deformities of postbariatric surgeries like thigh lift.
- Abulezz T (2019) A Review of Recent Advances in Aesthetic Gluteoplasty and Buttock Contouring. Plast Surg Mod Tech 6: 147. DOI: 10.29011/2577-1701.100047
- Abulezz TA, Elsherbiny AK, Mazeed AS. Management of cleft lip and palate in Egypt: A national survey. Indian J Plast Surg 2018;51(3): PP 290-5 DOI:4103/ijps.IJPS_104_18
- Mazeed, Ahmed S.; Saied, Samia; Abulezz, Tarek; Youssef, Gamal; Bulstrode, Neil W. Recommendations for the Development and Reform of Microtia and Atresia Services. J Craniofacl Surg: Feb 13, 2019 - Volume Publish Ahead of Print - Issue – p doi: 10.1097/SCS.0000000000005209
- Tarek Abulezz, Congenital Heminasal Aplasia: Clinical Picture, Radiological Findings, and Follow-up After Early Surgical Intervention. J Craniofac Surg. 2019 May/Jun;30(3):e199-e202. doi: 10.1097/SCS.0000000000005091.
- Tarek Abulezz, Fournier’s Gangrene in Upper Egypt, Case Series of 14 Patients. Int J Surg Res. 2018;5(5):pp 115-118.
- Tarek Abulezz; Ahmed Gaber; Mohamed Abdel-Aal hasnen; Sherif Bakr: The Reverse-flow Radial Forearm Flap for Soft Tissue Reconstruction of the Wrist and Hand. Sohag Medical Journal (SMJ) Vol. 21 No 3 Oct-2017 pp 249-254 DOI: 21608/SMJ.2017.39726
- Tarek Abulezz, Components Separation Technique (CST) in Reconstruction of Large and Complex Abdominal Wall Defects. Clin Surg. 2017; 2: 1816.
- Tarek Abulezz, Hussein A Fadaak: Management of Rare Craniofacial Anomalies With Soft Tissue Reconstruction on Charity Medical Missions. Journal of Craniofacial Surgery: March 2018 - Volume 29 - Issue 2 - p 452–456 doi: 10.1097/SCS.0000000000004146
- Tarek A Abulezz, Cleft Lip and Palate: An Experience of a Developing Center in Egypt. J Craniofac Surg. 2017 Nov;28(8):e731-e734. doi: 10.1097/SCS.0000000000003870
- Mohamed E Hamad, Tarek A. Abulezz, Gamal Youssef Elsayed: Different Modalities Used for Reconstruction of Soft Tissue Defects of the Foot in Sohag University Hospital. Egyptian Journal of Plast. Reconstruct. Surg. Vol. 41 (2) July 2017
- Usama M bakry, Gamal Youssef Elsayed, Ahmed M A Gafar, Tarek A. Abulezz: Modalities of Surgical Management of Pressure Sores in Sohag University Hospital: A Review of 42 Cases. Egyptian Journal of Plast. Reconstruct. Surg. Vol. 41 (2) July 2017
- Tarek A. Abulezz, Mahmoud A Hifny, Kamei Yuzuru, Samia saied, Mansour Kabbash: Clinical and Functional Outcomes of Three-Dimensional Free Anterolateral Thigh (ALT) Flap in Oropharyngeal Reconstruction. Egyptian Journal of Plast. Reconstruct. Surg. Vol. 41 (1) Jan 2017
- Tarek A. Abulezz: Negative-Pressure Wound Therapy (NPWT) Compared to Conventional Dressing in the Management of Acute Injuries of Extremities. Egyptian Journal of Plast. Reconstruct. Surg. Vol. 41 (1) Jan 2017
- Ahmed Gaber, Tarek A. Abulezz, Samia Saied, Mohamed A. Ellaban, Tarek El-Gammal: Reliability of Pectoralis Major Myocutaneous Flap in Reconstruction of Cervicofacial Defects Following Ablative Oncological Surgery. Egyptian Journal of Plast. Reconstruct. Surg. Vol. 40 (2) July 2016
- Abulezz, T., Talaat, M., Hassan, A., and Haredy, M., Survival of Nasal Tip Flap on Only the Columellar Attachment. J Craniofac Surg, 2017. 28(1): p. e33-e35.
- Abulezz T, Talaat M, Elsani A, Allam K. Congenital hand anomalies in Upper Egypt. Indian J Plast Surg 2016; 49(2): PP206-13
- T Abulezz, H A Fadaak, J Jadulkarim: Management of Rare Craniofacial Anomalies in Charity Missions: Community-Based Solutions The Internet Journal of Plastic Surgery. 2013 Volume 10 Number 1
- T Abulezz. Letter to Editor: Rare Craniofacial Anomalies in Charity Missions. The Internet Journal of Plastic Surgery. 2013 Volume 10 Number 1.
- Gamal Y. Elsayed, Sobhi A. Hweidi, Samia A. Saied and Tarek A. Abulezz: Comparison between Conventional Microsuturing Technique and Fibrin Glue in Repair of Peripheral Nerve Injuries. Egyptian Journal of Plast. Reconstruct. Surg. Vol. 37 (2) July 2012
- Karam A. Allam, Hazem Maher Mohammed Ali, Henry K. Kawamoto, Samia M. A. Saied, Tarek A. Abulezz, James P Bradley: Neonatal Mandibular Distraction Osteogenesis: A technique for treating neonates with micrognathia and risk of respiratory obstruction. Egyptian Journal of Plast. Reconstruct. Surg. Vol. 35 (2) July 2011 pp 191-7
- Hasnaa A. Abo-ElWafa, Elham O H Ali, Tarek Abulezz, Samia M Saied: The Adhesive Role of Platelets Offers a New Concept in Skin Flap. The Egyptian Journal of Hematology Vol 36 (1) January-2011 pp 67-72
- Samia M. A. Saied, Tarek Abulezz, Ahmed Elsherbiny, Mohamed A. Shoeib, Mohamed Abdel Aal: Soft Tissue Reconstruction of hand trauma: a 1-year retrospective study of 745 Sohag Medical Journal Vol. 14 No. 2 July 2010 pp 31-48
- Tarek Abulezz: Mammoplasty in correcting scar-induced breast deformities. Annals of Burns and Fire Disasters - vol. 22 - issue 4 - December 2009 pp 208-211
- Tarek Abulezz, Mahmoud Shalkamy: Aplasia Cutis congenita: Two-cases of non-scalp lesions, Indian J Plast Surg. 2009 Jul-Dec;42(2):268-271.
- Tarek Abulezz, Essam Abdelbary, Alzahraa Sharaf: Heminasal Aplasia: Clinical Picture, Radiological Findings and Early “Temporary” Reconstruction with a Nasolabial Flap. The Internet Journal of Plastic Surgery. 2009. Volume 5 Number 2.
- Samia M. A. Saied, Tarek Abulezz, Mohamed A. Rahem, Ahmed Elsherbiny, Karam Allam, Gamal Yusef and Sherif Bakri: Trends of Facial Fractures in Sohag: A 10-year Retrospective Review of 1830 Cases. Sohag Medical Journal Vol. 13 (Supplement for the Conference) July-2009 pp 43-52
- Tarek Abulezz Repair of recurrent midline abdominal wall dehiscence using the components separation technique. J Plast Reconstr Aesthet Surg. 2008 Aug;61(8):997-9.
- Tarek Abulezz, Karam Allam: Nasal subcutaneous lipoma, a case report. Rhinology. 2008 Jun;46(2):151-2
- Samia M A Saied, Tarek Abulezz, Alaa-Eldin El-Suity, Asem Elsani M A Hassan, Gamal Youssef : Orofacial Tumors; Complexity and Outcome. Sohag Medical Journal 2007 Jul. 11(2):136-150
- Nojima K, Brown SA, Acikel C, Janis J, Arbique G, Abulezz T, Gao J, Wen Q, Kurihara K, Rohrich RJ: Defining vascular supply and territory of thinned perforator flaps: part II. Superior gluteal artery perforator flap. Plast Reconstr Surg. 2006 Nov ; 118(6):1338-1348.
- James Chao, Mariam Awada, Tarek Abulezz, and Spencer Brown: Effects of nerve growth factors on sciatic nerve regeneration in vein grafts. Journal of Reconstructive Microsurgery, Vol 19 number 5, July 2003; Pp 49-50. ASPN Abstracts.
- The2nd International Congress of the Aesthetic Academy of Egypt in Nile Ritz-Carlton in Cairo 1st and 2nd December 2016
- 3rd International Plastic Surgery meeting of Saudi Plastic Surgeon Association, held in the Al-Hada Hospital in Taif, KSA 1 – 3 November 2016
- 3rd Pan-African Congress on Cleft Lip and Palate (PACCLIP), held at the United Nation Conference Center, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia February 16 - 19 2009
- 10th Congress of the Pan-Arab Association of Burns and Plastic Surgery in Kuwait, April 20 – 26 2008
- 2nd Pan-African Congress on Cleft Lip and Palate (PACCLIP), held at the International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA), Ibadan, Oyo State, Nigeria February 4 - 7 2007.
- 2nd Pan African Burn Society (PABS) congress in Assiut Egypt, January 16-18 2007
- 9th Congress of the Pan-Arab Association of Burns and Plastic Surgery in Manama, Bahrain, April 11 - 13
- The 20th Annual Dallas Rhinoplasty Symposium in Dallas, Texas, March 6 - 8 2003
- The 19th Annual Dallas Rhinoplasty Symposium 6th Annual Dallas Aesthetic Surgery Symposium Laser Update in Dallas, Texas, Feb. 28 - Mar. 2 2002