Name: Ahmed Saleh Shaker Sleem
Date of birth: 01-01-1975, Qena, Egypt
Current position: Assistant professor and consultant of Orthopedic and spine surgery, Sohag University.
Business Address: Orthopedic Department, Sohag University hospital, 82524 Sohag- Egypt.
- 1998, Bachelor of medicine and surgery, Sohag faculty of Medicine, South valley university, Egypt (very good with honors).
- 2005, Master degree in Orthopedics, Sohag faculty of Medicine.
- 2007, MD in Thoracoscopic spine surgery, Regensburg University, Germany.
- 2011, MD degree in Orthopedics, Sohag University, Egypt.
- English: TOEFL IBT score = 83 (16 Jan 2015)
- German language course: Level 9, Goethe Institute Cairo.
- 2000 – 2003: Resident in the department of Orthopedic surgery, Sohag University hospital.
- 2004- 2006: Assistant lecturer and specialist in the department of Orthopedic surgery, Sohag University hospital.
- 2006 -2008: fellow in Trauma department, Regensburg University, Germany.
- 2008 -2011: Assistant lecturer and specialist in the department of Orthopedic surgery, Sohag University hospital.
- 2011: Lecturer of Orthopedic surgery, Sohag University.
- October, 2016 - March, 2017: Visiting Scholar at Thomas Jefferson University and Shriners hospital Philadelphia – USA.
- 2018: Assistant professor of Orthopedic surgery, Sohag University.
Supervision on MD and Master degree researches:
- Total hip replacement in the treatment of the early and late acetabular fractures. (MD)
- Minimally invasive platting osteosynthesis for distal femoral fractures. (Master)
- Comparative study between proximal femoral nail and dynamic hip screw in the treatment of pertrochanteric fractures. (Master)
- Short segment fixation for treatment of thoracolumbar burst fractures. (Master)
- Evaluation of different modalities in surgical management of intraarticular calcaneal fractures. (Master)
- Evaluation of the results of treatment of tibial shaft fractures using interlocking intramedullary nail. . (Master)
- Spondylodiscitis of the thoracolumbar spine, surgical depridement, decompression and stabilization. (Master)
Other academic activities:
- 2nd symposium Regensburg applied biomechanics, June 2007.
- AO course ( AOSpine interative Wirbelsuelenkurs fuer Aezte), Murnau, Germany, July 2007
- AO symposium, Regensburg, Germany, July 2008.
- Annual Egyptian Orthopedic association (EOA) meetings.
- Annual Egyptian spine association (ESA) meetings.
- Global spine congress, Dubai 2016.
- Egyptian Spine Association (ESA).
- Egyptian Orthopedic association (EOA).
- Anterior Cervical discectomy and fusion using a stand-alone PEEK Cage, short term results. Sohag Medical Journal, vol. 17 No. 1(13-18), Jan 2013.
- One Stage Treatment of Open Proximal Tibia Fractures by Minimally Invasive Technique Using Locked plate. Life Science Journal 2013;10(3)
- Recapping Laminoplasty for adult low-grade isthmic spondylolisthesis. Journal of spine Volume 3, Issue 2, march 2014
- The use of sliding hip screw versus Targon proximal femoral nail in the treatment of unstable pertrochanteric fractures AO:31-A2. A prospective randomized trial. International Journal of Advanced Research (2014), Volume 2, Issue 4 ,581-591.
- Anterior Cervical Corpectomy with free vascularized fibular graft versus multilevel discectomy and grafting for Cervical Spondylotic Myelopathy. International Journal of Spine Surgery (2015), volume 9 article 60.
- Traumatic Atlantoaxial Rotatory Fixation (AARF) with Odontoid Fracture, Case report. The Global Spine Congress / World Forum for Spine Research (GSC/WFSR 2016) Dubai, April 13-16, 2016.
- Simultaneous open reduction and internal fixation and total hip arthroplasty for the treatment of osteoporotic acetabular fractures. International Orthopaedics (SICOT), DOI 10.1007/s00264-016-3175-6, March 2016.
- Modified Pedicle Subtraction Osteotomy for Posttraumatic kyphosis, Long term follow-up. (Accepted in Egyptian spine association journal).
- Tibial hemimelia; Do we need a modification of the currently used classification system? International Journal of Advanced Research (2017), 5(5), 281-284.
- Posteromedial approach to the distal humerus for treatment of the medial column fractures in children, Technical note. International Journal of Advanced Research (2017), 5(5), 285-289.
- Management of aseptic non-union Tibia using interlocking nail versus platting. 38th SICOT Orthopaedic World Congress, Cape Town, South Africa, 2017.
- Transforaminal Lumbar Interbody Fusion with Local Bone Graft Alone for Single-Level Isthmic Spondylolisthesis. International Journal of Spine Surgery 2018, 12 (1) 70-75.