Dr. Mamdouh Fawzy Ahmed Mohamed
Lecturer of pharmaceutical Chemistry
Faculty of Pharmacy
Pharmaceutical Chemistry Department
Medicinal chemistry and molecular pharmacology of Histone Deacetylase Inhibitors; drug development; inflammatory and neurodegenerative diseases; cancer. Key questions: which is more effective, pan-HDACis or isoform selective HDACis? Can we develop potent and selective drugs addressing those targets? Do these drugs show effects in other disease models?
Molecular biology, in vitro pharmacology, compound screenning, assay development, chemical synthesis, analytical techniques, analysis of structure-activity relationships.
3 most important publications
- Mamdouh F. A. Mohamed, Montaser Sh. A. Shaykoon, Mostafa H. Abdelrahman, Bakheet E. M. Elsadek, Ahmed S. Aboraia, Gamal El-Din A. A. Abuo-Rahma, Design, synthesis, docking studies and biological evaluation of novel chalcone derivatives as potential histone deacetylase inhibitors, Bioorg. Chem., 72, (2017), 32–41.
- Youssif, B. G. M.; Abdelrahman, M. H.; Abdelazeem, A. H.; Abdelgawad, M. A.; Ibrahim, H. M.; Salem, O. I. A.; Mohamed, M. F. A.; Treambleau, L.; Bukhari, S. N. A., Design, synthesis, mechanistic and histopathological studies of small-molecules of novel indole-2-carboxamides and pyrazino[1,2-a]indol-1(2H)-ones as potential anticancer agents effecting the reactive oxygen species production. Eur. J. Med. Chem. 2018, 146, 260-273.
- Abdelbaset, M. S.; Abuo-Rahma, G. E. A.; Abdelrahman, M. H.; Ramadan, M.; Youssif, B. G. M.; Bukhari, S. N. A.; Mohamed, M. F. A.; Abdel-Aziz, M., Novel pyrrol-2(3H)-ones and pyridazin-3(2H)-ones carrying quinoline scaffold as anti-proliferative tubulin polymerization inhibitors. Bioorg. Chem. 2018, 80, 151-163.
Twenty-five valproic acid conjugates have been designed and synthesized. All target compounds were explored for their in vitro anti-proliferative activities using the MTT-based assay against four human cancer cell lines includingliver (HePG2), colon (HCT116), breast (MCF7) and cervical (HeLa) carcinoma cell lines. Out of six valproic acid-amino acid conjugates 2a-f. Only cysteine containing conjugate 2f showed the significant activity (IC50 ...
INTRODUCTION: Histone deacetylases (HDACs) represent one of the most validated cancer targets. The inhibition of HDACs has been proven to be a successful strategy for the development of novel anticancer candidates. METHODS: This work describes design and synthesis of a new set of HDAC inhibitors ( 7A-C and 8A, B) utilizing ligustrazine as a novel cap moiety, and achieving the ...
This work focuses on optimizing an efficient green synthesis of arylamidoximes from appropriate nitrile and hydroxylamine hydrochloride in water and triethylamine (1.6 mol equivalent) as a base at room temperature for 6 h. This new green synthetic methodology is compared with previously known methods. The main advantages of this new process reported are good yield, easier work-up and short reaction ...
A series of novel naproxen analogues containing 3-aryl-1,2,4-oxadiazoles moiety (4B-G) and their reaction intermediates aryl carboximidamides moiety (3B-G) was synthesized and evaluated _in vitro_ as dual COXs/15-LOX inhibitors. Compounds 3B-G exhibited superior inhibitory activity than celecoxib as COX-2 inhibitors. Compounds 3B-D and 3G were the most potent COX-2 inhibitors with IC50 range of 6.4 – 8.13 nM and higher selectivity ...
One of the helpful ways to improve the effectiveness of anticancer agents and weaken drug resistance is to use hybrid molecules. therefore, the current study intended to introduce 20 novel xanthine/chalcone hybrids 9-28 of promising anticancer activity. Compounds 10, 11, 13, 14, 16, 20 and 23exhibited potent inhibition of cancer cells growth with IC50 ranging from 1.0±0.1 to 3.5±0.4 μM ...
* Arrange the reactivity of the following compounds toward electrophilic aromatic substitution, give reasons? *
2- Give both the IUPAC and common nomenclature of the following compounds and indicate the type of each alkyl halide?
* 1- Arrange the reactivity of the following alkyl halide towards SN2 reaction, justify your answer? * Ethyl iodide * Butyl iodide * Methyl iodide * iso-Propyl iodide