Power point presentation lecture for 6th year medical student.
- Enumerate complications of 3rd stage of labor
- Provide a definition of PPH
- Review the risk factors for PPH
- Understand the nature and importance of rapid diagnosis and treatment
- Discuss Retained placenta & uterine inversion
- Complications of 3rd stage of labor:
- Retained placenta
- Uterine inversion
- Obstetric shock
PPH is the single most commonest cause of maternal deaths in developing countries
It can not always be predicted but can be prevented to a large extent & treated
AMTSL reduces the risk of PPH
Timely intervention & referral can save many lives.