About the course: The Introduction to Nursing Administration course for third Year Nursing Students.
The objectives of the first unit from this course are:
- Define administration and management.
- Differentiate between administration and management.
- Mention the nature of management.
- List the elements of management process.
- Define planning, plan, and objective.
- Explain the importance of planning in nursing.
- Explain the process or (elements) of planning.
- Mention the purposes of planning.
- Enumerate characteristics of good planning.
- Describe the classification or types of planning.
- State planning rules.
- List leadership roles and management functions in planning
- Define standard, criteria and nursing care standard.
- Identify the relationship between objectives and standards.
- List the purposes of nursing care standard.
- Mention the types of nursing care standard.
- Differentiate between structure, process and outcome standards.
- List the characteristics of standards.