Name: Ayman Mohammad Mohammad Abdel Ghaffar
Current Academic Position:Ass.professor of cardiothoracic surgery
Current Clinical position: Consultant in Cardiothoracic Surgery, Sohag University Hospital.
Birth Date: 30/1/1968
Marital Status: Married and have four kids
Dr. Ayman Mohammad Mohammad Abdel Ghaffar
Cardiothoracic surgery department
Faculty of Medicine
postal code: 82524
E- Mail Address:
Home phone: 0020932329363
Cell phone: 00201009899090
Fax Number: 0020934602963
- BCh (Bachelor of Medicine and Surgery in September, 1992, faculty of medicine, Assuit University, Egypt (WHO listed).
(6 years of full time medical study in English, including basic and clinical medical study).
- Master degreein general surgery, Sohag Faculty of Medicine, South Valley University, Egypt, 1997.
MD in cardiothoracic surgery, Faculty of Medicine, Sohag University, Sohag, Egypt, 2008.
House Officer (Rotating internship):
- Pre-registration House Officer (Internship)for one year from March 1993 to March 1994 at Assuit University hospital, Assuit University. Two months in each of the following departments:
-Obstetrics and Gynecology department.
- Internal medicine department.
- Pediatrics department.
- Chest department.
- General surgery department.
- Anesthesia & emergency departments.
- Resident in General surgery department: from March 1994 to March 1998, Sohag university hospital, South valley university, Sohag, Egypt.
- 4 months training at the department of emergency Qasr al eni University hospital in1996.
- Assistant lecturer and specialist in cardiothoracic surgery from May 1998 to May 2008, Sohag University Hospital.
- 6 month training at Qasr al eni cardiothoracic surgery department Cairo University at specialist level.
- Manager of the emergency and trauma department at Sohag university hospital for two years(27/5/ 2011-2013)
- Selecting patients for admission to the department.
- Discharging patients postoperatively for outpatient follow-up.
- Running the weekly outpatient clinic.
- Selecting and ordering the annual supplies for the department.
- Selecting and ordering the annual disposable supplies for the entire hospital.
- Pre-operative preparation
- Post operative care (immediate in ICU and late in the ward)
- Operative skills (as a first assistant or operating surgeon)
In Sohag University Hospital, I am actively participating as a surgeon or assistant in 2 regular theatre lists per week in addition to the emergency operations, cardiothoracic trauma and bronchoscopy.
I am enrolled in many Cardiothoracic Surgery teams in the nearby hospitals in our health district (Upper Egypt) as a part time participant. e.g, Sohag insurance hospital, Sohag Cardiac Institute, Sohag general hospital, sohag education hospital and sohag oncology center.
Yearly I perform and assist (first assistant or a surgeon) in nearly 250-300 open heart surgeries and major thoracic operations.
IN CARDIAC SURGERY:
Main Surgeon in:
- Single and double valve replacement, triple valve surgery.
- cardiac reoperations
- Simple CHD as ASD, VSD, sub-aortic membrane, valvular PS and PDA.
- Closed heart surgery as closed valvotomy and pericardiectomy.
First assistant in:
- The previous operations plus, on pump CABG, off pump CABG, mitral valve repair, aortic root replacement, complex congenital as tetralogy of Fallot.
IN THORACIC SURGERY:
Main Surgeon in:
- Evaluation and management of cardiothoracic trauma
- Rigid bronchoscopy (uncountable number). Adult and pediatric.
- Thoracoscopy for minor procedures as pleural biopsy and pleurodesis.
- Esophageal surgery as Heller for achalasia, trans-abdominal palliative stenting of obstructed cancer lower third esophagus, rigid esophagoscopy for F.B extraction.
- Decortication, wedge resection, lobectomy and pneumonectomy.
- Thoracic outlet syndrome (scalenotomy).
- Repair of diaphragmatic hernia and different diaphragmatic injuries.
- Chest wall tumors and rib resections.
- ICT drainage and pleurodesis (uncountable number).
First Assistant in Radical surgery for cancer esophagus.
- Native language is Arabic
- English (very good)
- French( good)
- Italian (good)
-International computer driving license (ICDL) certificate.
- The Egyptian Medical Syndicate.
- The Egyptian Society of General Surgery.
- The Egyptian Society of Cardiothoracic surgery.
ACADEMIC EXPERIENCE AND RESEARCH WORK:
- Teaching undergraduate medical students in the surgery clinical rounds.
- Effect of isuprel on hemodynamics after closed mitral commisurotomy. Thesis submitted for partial fulfillment of master degree in general surgery.
- Assessment of aortic root replacement with valve composite graft. Thesis submitted for partial fulfillment of MD in cardiothoracic surgery.
Membership in (a scientific mission) (università degli stüdi di milano) in Milano Multimedical Hospital (gruppo MultiMedica S.p.Asesto San Giovanni è riconosciuto via Milanese, 300, 20099 Sesto S. Giovanni - Milano for 2 years (from November 2004 to December 2006) as a visitor clinical fellow.
- Hussain M. Gaafar MD: prof and head of cardiothoracic surgery, Cairo University. (Retired)
- Francesco donatelli: professor and chairman of cardiothoracic and cardiovascular department-Milan university-Italy.
- Essam A. Mokhtar MD: prof. and director of cardiothoracic surgery, Sohag faculty of medicine, Sohag University.
- Patrick M.Ruchat MD.:consultant cardiac and vascular surgeon, Department of Cardio-vascular Surgery, Lausanne university school of medicine. (1994-present).
- M Adel AlgamalMD.professor of pediatric cardiac surgery.Mansoura University
- Ahmad Hussein Gaafar MD.professor of cardiothoracic surgery.Cairo University
- Hassan Ahmad Hassanien MD:professor of cardiology and head of internal medicine department-Sohag university