Sohag faculty of medicine
Time allowed: 3 hrs
M.B.B.Ch General surgery exam
I- Discuss the following questions:- (20 marks for each)
1) Pre anaesthetic medications.
2) Intravenous anaesthetics.
II- Write short account on:- (10 marks for each)
1) Classification of cleft lip and palate.
2) Uses of skin graft.
III- Discuss the following questions:- (20 marks for each)
1) Causes, mechanism of injury, investigations, treatment options; and
complications of fracture proximal humerus in adults.
2) Discuss pathology, clinical picture, investigations, differential diagnosis,
treatment options; and complications of pott's disease of dorsal spine.
IV- (A) Discuss the following questions:- (18 marks for each)
1)Management of non muscle invasive bladder cancer.
2)Management of acute retention of urine.
(B) Enumerate:- (2 marks for each)
1) 2 causes of upper urinary tract hematuria.
2) 2 indications for surgical treatment for BPH.
M.B.B.Ch general surgery exam
Answer all questions in the same sheet
IV- Choose the single best answer:- (10 marks)
1. Bilateral primary breast cancer is most likely to develop in association with:
(a) Medullary carcinoma.
(b) colloid carcinoma.
(c) Duct carcinoma.
(d) Lobular carcinoma.
(e) Mastitis carcinomatosa.
2. Voice fatigue after thyroidectomy is due to injury to which of the following nerves:
(a) superior laryngeal.
(b) External laryngeal.
(c) Internal laryngeal.
(d) Recurrent laryngeal.
3. In children, the most common malignant tumour of the neck is:
(c) Thyriod carcinoma.
4. Excision of a thyroglossal cyst should include removal of:
(a) Thyriod ismuth.
(b) Pyramidal Lobe.
(c) Body of the hyoid bone.
(d) Foramen caecum.
(e) Remnants of the thyroglossal duct.
5. The treatment of malignant melanoma includes the following except:
(a) Wide surgical excision.
(b) Block dissection of the regional lymph nodes
6. The earliest sign of hypocalcaemia is:
(a) Carpopedal spasm.
(b) Positive chvostek's sign.
(c) Positive Trousseau's sign.
(d) Tingling of the fingers and circumoral region.
(e) Defective blood coagulation.
7. Apudomas have been associated with the following clinical syndromes except :
(e) Watery diarrhoea.
8. Hormonal therapy is useful in treatment of tumours of the following organs except :
(c) Uterine body.
9. The malignant tumour most often responsible for pathological bone fracture arises
10. Management of a diabetic patient with ketoacidosis include the following except:
(a) Crystaline insulin.
(b) Intravenous saline.
(c) Potassium chloride.
(d) Intravenous lactate solution.
(e) Intavenous glucose infusion.