- Afetr studying this course, students are able to
- demonstrate a thorough knowledge of translation theory and practice specific to English and Arabic;
- evaluate theories concerning the nature and use of translation and the practical application of those theories to specific areas of interest to the student;
- demonstrate an awareness of fundamental issues in translation including the processes of translation, assessing translations, the place of register and genre, and the questions of pragmatic and cultural interpretation;
- critically apply theoretical frameworks to the creation of translations;
- show analytic skills and creative thinking in translating between English and Arabic;
- complete a major piece of research in the field of Translation.